Trigger-Proof Anti-Bullying is based on a unique concept. While other trainings on anti-bullying explain how to cope with these encounters by what you say to the bully, this training actually shows show students how to recognize their emotional triggers and manage their reactions—from the inside. Simply shifting focus from external to internal can set students on a positive life course they never dreamed possible.
Benchmark Description: Demonstrate effective conflict management and/or resolution strategies.
Subject Area: Health Education
Grade Level: 6
Strand: Demonstrate the ability to use interpersonal communications skills to enhance health and avoid or reduce risk.
Date Adopted: 12/08
Status: State Board Approved
Number: HE.6.B.2.In.c: Use selected conflict management or resolution strategies, such as talking to an adult, managing anger effectively, and using conflict mediators.
Supported: Benchmark Number: HE.6.B.2: HE.912.B.2.3
The Florida State Legislature mandated that Character Education Programs be implemented into the school curriculum beginning in the school year 2004-2005. The character education program is required in kindergarten through grade 12. The character education curriculum stresses the qualities of:
- Responsibility: Meeting obligations by being reliable, accountable, and dependable to self and others.
- Citizenship: Knowing, understanding, and displaying high regard for rules, laws, government, heritage, and those who have served and sacrificed for community and Country.
- Kindness: Being helpful, thoughtful, caring, compassionate, and considerate.
- Respect: Showing consideration, understanding, and regard for people, places, and things.
- Honesty: Being truthful, trustworthy, and sincere.
- Self-Control: Having discipline over one’s behavior or actions.
- Tolerance: Recognizing and respecting differences, values, and beliefs of other people.
- Cooperation: Working with others to accomplish a common purpose.